Sunday, June 28, 2009

Performance & Success Advice Blog Post # 8 - Health & Fitness

Health and fitness are unquestionably a part of achieving high levels of performance and success.  Start today...we all want a healthy mind, body, and soul!

Having good health and fitness habits will:
  • Ensure good cardiovascular (heart) health
  • Allow yourself to like the way you look
  • Strengthen your Self-Discipline
  • Enable you to practice setting and achieving goals
  • Give you the confidence to take on anything
The most important part about eating healthy and being fit is that you feel good about yourself.  

I recently took on a healthy diet and became a student of fitness and nutrition.  Here is my weekly routine:
  • I lift weights everyday for muscle tone (different muscles of course)
  • I go spinning for cardiovascular exercise every other day

*TIP* - Pushing yourself in the gym and seeing improvement will give you the confidence to take on the world.

Onto health and nutrition.  When consulting some trainers about my goal of getting a six-pack, aside from consistent exercise, the most important factor they all listed was a healthy diet.  

Here is my current diet:
  • Only 100% Whole Wheat Breads
  • No fastfoods or junkfoods
  • HIGH protein, LOW fat foods
  • Lots of fruit!
  • Daily vitamins
  • Oatmeal with a glass of milk for breakfast
  • Bora Bora bars as snacks
  • LOTS of water
I am no fitness or health expert, but I am planning on reading more and becoming a spin instructor (I highly recommend you trying a spin class!).  Below you can find some books you can get to learn more!

Questions? Comments? Blog with me!


No comments:

Post a Comment